Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Little help here?

Hey there all you sports fans! Are you in for a surprise today! I'd like to have an argument about fasting. Cleansing aside, I don't want to hear about the pros of fasting concerning cleansing the system. I want to get to the base of my concern: Negativity doesn't create Positivity.
I was talking with a friend of mine who was taking part in fasting today. He told me that he wasn't even drinking water! He said he really wanted his other friend to be accepted into some thing or other... so he decided to REALLY fast today in order to "make it happen over there".

I strongly believe though, that only Energy can create Energy. I don't feel that depriving yourself of energy will, in turn, let more energy flow to someone or something else. Who would control that? If God is deciding that since you deprived yourself of energy, then and only then will he make the good thing happen to the other person or other thing.

Why would God want you to be so bad to yourself? I believe that He/She only wants what's best for everyone. You can't focus positivity elsewhere by depriving yourself of that very thing.

I would surround yourself with goodness. Give to others, be positive, be as much as you can for everyone you come to see. Do things for others out of the ordinary, UNdeprive someone else of some food. We all know how many street folk there are... give them a muffin, an apple, give something.

Imagine God looking at the two situations, one man depriving himself of all food and water for a day; and the other: giving food and water to those who need it... (yet still drinking and eating for themselves). Wouldn't he favour the latter? No, I'm not saying that God has favourites... it's just figurative. He's not up there thinking, "Hmm... not enough fasting; that person'll get smited tomorrow," right? Why would he promote hurting your body?

That's all for now. Any comments?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Unbelievable said...

First of all, fasting without drinking water is just stupid. If you're looking strictly at the biological reasons behind fasting, then not drinking water defeats the entire purpose because you don't have any liquid to wash out everything that is stuck inside of you.
I think that fasting is not only healthy but respectable. With all of the chemicals, preservatives and God knows what else in the food that we eat these days, I think that it is important to cleanse your body of it whenever possible. Parts of the food that you eat get literally stuck inside your body, gathering and collecting more pieces, building to the obstructions attached to the inside of your gastrointestinal tract. Without fasting, you could go your entire life with this inside you. I can't think of his name of the top of my head, but I'll post you the name of a man that you should read about if you're truly interested in fasting.
Now I don't know what God would think of us depriving ourselves of food, but what if in your theoretical observation of two men, there was a third man who gave all of the food he would normally eat to people who would otherwise be left hungry while he regularly fasted to cleanse his own body, physically and spiritually. Who would God prefer then?

11:21 p.m.  
Blogger Mikey From To said...

Yes, no, I do believe in fasting to cleanse your body. I was just wondering why it is tied so tightly to certain religions.
And I agree this person I was talking to about their fasting and reasons for it... I'm not saying they aren't stupid (regarding water).

1:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home