Monday, June 13, 2005

fickle is thy nature

A few weeks ago something terrible happened to me and my lifestyle. If you don't know about torrents at this point, you're in a sad state of missing out. There are hundreds of torrent sites out there distributing everything you could ever imagine from books to movies and music, programs, games and more (I think I've seen one person seeding AIDS one time).

But anyway, a few weeks ago my favourite torrent site, elitetorrents.org, was discovered by the FBI (and ICE - whatever the fuck that is). This meant that it was shut down permanently and there was to be no more sharing of the newest movies (the ones still in theatre - but i could get dvd quality from this one site), no more getting the newest music releases before they were available in stores (I had weezer's new one about two weeks ealy!), and worst of all, no more watching TV from my computer.

I stayed current with quite a few television shows... and since the FEDS took my site down, I have missed the last few shows. I don't even know how Lost ended!

Yet today, I look at the way I feel.... and despite the empty media space in my brain-hole, I'm still happy. Perhaps one day I'll finish the series... but I guess I never really cared if Jack and all those fuckers got off the island, or if they were eaten by polar bears, or if they all had mad island sex together. Who cares?

2 Comments:

Blogger passthejuice said...

they all had mad island sex

that's how it ended

then it said

"FIN"

on the screen

... but then it said

"TO BE CONTINUED"

which, to me seemed like a mixed message.

why don't you just use fucking isohunt.com or torrentspy or something mikey?

2:28 a.m.  
Blogger Mikey From To said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home