Friday, June 18, 2010

G20 Location Bonehead Decision

So I sent this one to Jim Flaherty because he went on record to say that G20 in downtown toronto plus 1.2+++ billlllion dollar price tag is "neccissary to contribute to the global community..."

Hey Jim,
I saw you on the news today telling us Canadians that "that is what it costs to play on the international field of politics". I'm not a politician, Jim, but over a billion dollars is a lot for a few days of meetings. I'm sure we can agree that security is of utmost importance. However, downtown Toronto is not a very secure place! Why was downtown chosen??? Downtown toronto means the MOST security to cover, meaning, it is the most expensive place in the all of the country for this meeting.

I can think of a dozen other places that would've worked fine for this damned meeting, starting with giving everyone an HD projector and a big white screen so that they can conference from the comfort of their own countries!

And now the fallout costs!!!

Like the AGO, our city is losing out on tourism revenue ALL OVER THE CITY!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!?!?!

The stupidest thing that happened in Canada in 2010 will definately go down as the G20 Summit in downtown toronto. It is completely shutting down the city. Completely retarded, Jim.

Why couldn't the G20 summit take place outside the city?? If it was outside the city, you'd need WAY LESS SECURITY. FURTHERMORE IT WOULDN'T HAVE SHUT DOWN COMMERCE, AND ALL REVENUES IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO. COUNTLESS $MILLIONS IN LOST REVENUES ADDED TO THE EXPENSE OF SECURITY IS INEXCUSABLE!!!!

G20 IN DOWNTOWN TORONTO MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

If I'm yelling at the wrong person, please feel free to correct me. But I know I'm not the only Canadian who feels this way about this situation.

Maybe it's not too late to change location, eh?

I'll be protesting, but I haven't decided what my sign should say. Maybe, "We're Not always This Dumb"

Sincerely,
- Mike Sutherland

1 Comments:

Blogger Mikey From To said...

By the way, they responded a few days later with an attached letter (looked like a scanned letter) telling me that they'll forward it off to the Minister of Foreign Affairs... The honorable Lawrence Cannon. Blah. Ya Right.

5:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home